Saturday, June 22, 2013

Slow to Warm

Humorously, I recently read that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas lights. I have seen Will in all three of these scenarios: Rain doesn't stop him, he gets a little miffed about the suitcase, but chances are he is wearing his favorite outfit of the month so, not a big deal, and spending 5 dollars on new lights is a fast fix. While these things encompass the "go getter" and "don't sweat the small stuff" guy that is my husband, I have also seen his personality traits shine through the changes we have made in our married life. In moving I have seen Will embrace change with open arms, excitement, and an adventurous spirit. I expected such and through the whirlwind of a big move, I have now gotten to reflecting on my transition to a new environment.  Everything has been moving quickly and I have been going with the flow, but probably not making the full adjustment quite yet since "slow to warm" is my nature. God has been working in so many ways here with Will and I and I am trying to grasp the fast flow of positive change with excitement and keep on for the ride.  

My profession is one that every day is different. Kids produce the strangest, and most impromptu situations that a quick adjustment needs to be a strength.  I am embarking on a new position teaching in a Pre-K and while I am nervous of the newness of the environment, people, and position, I am thankful that I am not being thrown into something completely foreign everday and at a moments notice like when subbing. With having my own classroom, once I learn the ropes I will have them for at least 9 months.  I am not sure it's the right prayer request, but as of now I am praying that God puts my emotional processing time on turbo speed since life is moving quickly and there are many adjustments to make and I want them to be positive.  I am thankful of our opportunities down here and know there are heathy challenges around the corner.  I continue to remind myself that I certainly grew up as a "hand holder" and still completely prefer it that way.  However, that 5 (okay 15) year hold has grown up and made it through things without the hand holding so I will continue to snuggle into these new surroundings, walk into new places, and if anything fake some confidence until I find the real deal that I know is down there somewhere. :)  If the big man upstairs could just save any curve balls for awhile and let me get half settled, that would be most appreciated. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors