Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dr. Mark and Pia McEleney Forever


It is certainly wedding season as Will and I had to go separate ways in Iowa to be a part of two different weddings for 4 very good friends.  A time that you wish there were more than one of you, but both weddings were beautiful and a big congratulations to both sweet newlywed couples!

Pia was nothing short of stunning and the wedding was a perfect beginning to her and Mark's married life together.  As the Matron of Honor that is not one for the microphone, I was a little distracted by the toast I had to come up with and Pia's suggestion to just Google a Hallmark wedding card and read it was tempting.  However, I tried to "sketch" something out on the plane ride and while it didn't entirely come out that way at dinner, it was pretty close and I made it through. Thankfully, it came out a little shorter than what's written below. :) It certainly was up there with a sappy Hallmark card and simple as it may be, it still came from the heart. 

Toast to Mark and Pia:

Pia and I have been friends for about 10 years now and as young girls do we have planned and dreamed of this day together.  However, after all our planning, I don't think we could have thought up such a perfect day as today has been. Aside from the beautiful decor, good food, and fancy clothes, we couldn't have planned the feeling of having a room full of loved ones supporting the union of two special people.  This is a big day and it warms my heart to see all the smiles and excitement for Pia and Mark.

Peas- Your friendship means the world to me.  You are my best friend, therapist, entertainment, and much more.  As much as I love the giggle fits we most often have, the biggest joy has been watching you  fall in love with such a good guy and experience a loving relationship that I have been praying for you to have. You have always been there for me and your loyalty, compassion, and fun-loving spirit that I cherish in you are going to carry over to make you such a sweet wife to Mark. 

Mark-Getting to know you through your love for Pia has let me see what a perfect match you two are.  I have seen you be her encouragement, support, and stability.  I am so glad that you are the one  who Pia will be building a life with.  I know you will take great care of my closest friend and will always be working to grow and deepen a loving marriage.  

Pia and Mark, through the years may you remember this day; the love that you felt for each other and the roomful of witnesses that came to support it.  May there be many, many years of couple vacations , happiness, and a wonderful marriage.  Cheers!
Rehearsal



Blushing Bride


The wedding party. 

Bride and MOH

Getting ready to practice for the big day!

The sweet couple. 

On the trolley. 

Decorating!

Soon to be. 



Best friends on the big day!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a tear jerker. Love youuuuu.

Blog Archive

Contributors