Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The 500 Hats of Mrs. Cousin

It is no surprise that teachers wear many hats.  Teaching is actually an umbrella profession that squeezes 482 professions under a small little canopy.  All in a day's work I am a lawyer, mother, accountant, policeman, actress, counselor, waitress, hair dresser, detective, manager, nurse, and many more.  Because I only signed up to be a teacher, sometimes it's hard to find my inner lawyer, counselor, or actress.  Especially when my audience or clients are so critical.  I have had to quickly tap into the basics of these positions, but what is more difficult is knowing which hat to put on when and the pace at which I need to keep changing hats.  There are many times during the day when I put on my policeman hat when maybe a counselor hat would have been more appropriate; or my transition from waitress to manager is too slow and I have kids standing on chairs.  There has also been a day or two when I have left all hats on the rack except for the "just do what I tell you" hat.  My actress hat sometimes seems the most worn, especially by 3:30 in the afternoon when my sweatpants hat is calling my name and my frustration hat is on a little too tight.  Oh goodness. I suppose it's a good thing that head pieces are in style and I enjoy experimenting with new looks.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors