Friday, November 2, 2012

Tables Turned

The other day I had a college student do an observation assignment in my classroom.  Needless to say, it was very odd to be on the other side of the stage.  Only a few months ago was I the student dreading the field experiences and sitting through long days of observation for teaching classes.  The day for her observation was also the first day of conferences so I was completely preoccupied with nerves and last minute conference details.  I felt really bad by the end of the day because I practically shoved her out the door in hopes of starting conferences on time and knew only half the answers to her questions.  Maybe I'm not ready for observations, but she definitely got a taste of the excitement and busyness of a Pre-K class.   In attempt of providing her with some sense of teaching and a memorable day, I asked some of the kids what the future teacher should know to be a good teacher.  These are the few responses I got, but they put in a good effort.

1.  "She needs to know what time it is."
2.  "She needs to do what she is supposed to do".
3.  "Help us play."
4.  "Know her numbers."
5.  "Listen to the kids."
6.  "Know how to be nice".

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors