Monday, June 11, 2012

Pia Marilim, M.S.

Although Pia has already acquired her B.F. degree (Best Friend, get it? ha), this weekend we celebrated the achievement of her Masters in Respiratory Therapy.  In addition, she walked with Academic Excellence and was awarded the Superlatives, "Most likely to Correct a Physician and Be Right" and something along the lines of best dressed.  All of which, did not surprise me since she has been acing tests in style for the past two years.  In honor of such an achievement, Pia's parents took us on a dinner boat that cruised Lake Michigan, complete with fireworks, dancing, and excellent company. Will and I got to meet Mark's parents and I'm sure it will not be the last meeting as they made for a great crowd. 
The past two years for Peas have not been easy, but I think this weekend made it worth it. She has  kept a loving long-distance relationship, made great friends, conquered a big city, and became a part of the small percentage of Americans who hold a Master's. I know she will continue to do great things as her gift of intelligence is paired with a contagious smile and charming, kind personality.  Congrats, Grad.! Love you!

There are many, many pictures.  Between me pretending to be a photographer and Mel actually being  photo savvy-we were lovin' the camera.

Giggling: What we do best.





Navy Pier:

Margaritaville

Dinner cruise, "Spirit of Chicago".  


Tapas Bar, "Baba Reeba's"
(You eat a variety of appetizers and snacks as the meal, as accustomed in Spain.  Maybe I'm the only one who is new to this and needs this explanation. What can I say, I'm an American; I eat/order one large entree for myself).

When you put a med. student, entrepreneur, respiratory therapist, and teacher together you simply get good friends.

 .





No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors