Friday, March 12, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

These are few of my favorite things right now. I suggest you read it, eat it, or do it.

"Augustine" by Melanie Watt (Childrens book) I wrote a lesson plan on sequencing events in a story so I had to go through by book collection to find a story that had a solid beginning, middle, and end.  I forgot I had this book and then remembered how adorable it is. It's about a penguin that moves from the north to south pool and is full of very cute penguin puns. I suggest a read.

Welch's fruit snacks. - At an elementary school where I have class they have a little snack shack for the ASU students who come and go and I discovered Welch's fruit snacks.  Since I overdosed on Scooby-Doo fruit funs in middle school passing time I haven't been able to find these candy-in-disguise snacks appealing but I'm now hooked again. Delicious!

King of Queens- There comes a time in a girls life when "Friends" and "The Office" re-runs have passed by memorization and onto just obsession. So, I have ventured out a little bit and have added "King of Queens" to my favorite re-runs list.  It prompts some good laughs.

vanilla chai tea- I have began to ween myself off coffee and move on to tea. I figure it's a little less harsh on the teeth and probably healthier (although I haven't done the research on this particular kind) With a little sugar and milk this is a great start to the AM.

Bath and Body Works foam soap- Although I'm not one to spring for the extra dollar on things like soap, B &BW foam soap is great.  It lasts forever and makes handwashing a bit more fun and amazing smelling.

Mom's Best frosted mini wheats- I'm a girl of routine and this cereal is a part of EVERY morning.  I buy by the bulk.  It's all natural, delicious, and cheaper than even generic brand cereal.  You can also get it at any general grocery store without having to make a special trip to the fancy grocery store with wood floors.

Exercise- Will and I recenty joined LA fitness and I'm definilty getting into it.  Just a short hour makes you feel great and gives you extra energy.  AND if you pick your go-time right you can avoid the muscle heads and claim it as YOUR gym.

Jaymay (the singer/songwriter) - I haven't listened to alot of her stuff yet but I like what I've got.  Song suggested for download: Gray or Blue

American Eagle undies- I've been hearing about some disappointments with Victoria's Secret panties lately and I suggest not making a complete switch-but trying out AE's underwear line.  They are usually on sale, very comfy, and adorable.  The fabric is alot thicker than Vickies now-a-days so they probably last longer.

Honey and chocolate graham Goldfish- Cover your ears but they are better than teddy grahams.  Especially the honey... the package is small so if you are planning a night in of movie marathons grab a couple packs.  To add a touch with low calories add marshmellows to the mix :)

Sweet leaf tea- DELICIOUS! You can buy this at gas stations for only 99 cents for a tall can.  It's all natural and has about three flavors.  It is a great replacement for Arizona tea that has high fructose corn syrup listed as one of the first ingredients.  Warning: you may get hooked and make a stop daily.

I will leave you with that.  Please note that I'm experiencing some technical difficulties with my blog and can't spell check. So- forgive me.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors