Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I went to Oktoberfest and lived to tell about it.

Every year Clinton faithfully welcomes all the nation's top-notch carnies, funnel cake vendors, and the hill billies that brings. I must have tucked this away in my mind for safe keeping, as I persuaded Will and Amanda to accompany me to Tempe's Oktoberfest. We conquered the whole park in a considerably short time and have lived to tell about it. I remember the last time I attended Clinton's vacation park for the river rats and although both festivals are very similar, my disgust meter never hit the level ten it did on Saturday. Do parents really bring their newborns here? Where is that child's shoes!? Is this real chicken? Where is the sink in this porta-potty? Have these rails been sanitized lately? Guy, put on a shirt. Do you have an updated maintaince check list for this ride? AH! What is wrong with me? I once DRAGGED my older sister to the glamorous carnival! It was the social event of both the 6th grade and the whole south side of the tracks! Still, we MADE it fun and the festival proved your never too old...or healthy.. for a good carnvial hour. Not to spin my own wheel or anything, but we not only made it fun but EMBRACED it. Amanda and I drew the line when it came to the "German" brats but we did devour the grilled chicken and took our turn on the spinning ride (chicken BEFORE the ride; I will spin my own wheel to that). They also had roasted corn on the cob and I am all one for indulging into a little bit of Iowa. Oh, and of course, we enjoyed the musical stylings of, "Furious George." Here are a few pictures from our infested festival festivities!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors