Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Once a Sundevil, Always a Hawkeye

Since Will has yet to receive his luggage from his... direct.. one hour flight... to New Mexico we had a prime excuse to go on a very extensive shopping trip courtesy of the airlines...hopefully :S Now, a shopping trip with my husband sounded like paradise to me. Shopping trips are usually done by myself and I'm almost getting bitter towards my bargain spots as they have been routine (because of all my spare time) rather than treats. BUT bringing my favorite boy with shook things up a bit and this little lady LOVES showing off her bargain skills...especially to one who shares her checkbook. With a line-up of discount stores I was excited for the new men items I would get to dig for. Will only wears one outfit so to get him options(especially options HE doesn't pick out) is a waste of effort and cash. But a full-lost-suitcase gave us a lengthy list. WELL, my digging through discounted-mens-wear did not last long! Will's head was apparently spinning and he began analyzing WHY the apparel was at the discount store. So, after ROSS and Marshalls he fired me from my management job and we ended up at a "normal" store... you know... where one rack has 20 of the same pant/color and your size is in plain sight and yada, yada, yada. BORING. The whole point is to dig for an hour until you find that one five dollar treasure. Am I right? It was still a very fun, lazy, long, Saturday that we got to get out and explore a little of our surroundings. The days are counting down until we are able to move into our Arizona love nest. This tiny cove is beginning to feed our imaginations with mysterious smells and people:) Mix my complete lack of athleticism and short attention span and you get a non-football fan. It's not that I do not LIKE football, it's just that I have duped games as social gatherings rather than opportunities to learn the all-American sport. HOWEVER, with very few reasons and no explanation I am still through and through a Hawkeye fan. Although I have supported now, three state universities I still remain true to the Hawkeyes, if nothing else, because I met my husband there... AND he is an Iowa graduate. Well, we have been hanging out with a split home (Amy=Cyclones, Eric=Hawkeyes) and Eric has quite a collection of his home team. Here are a couple of pictures of Will wearing a true Hawkeye helmet... And I caught this super cute look of Hayden that I have to share...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors