Thursday, August 6, 2009

Moving forward...

My blog has not been forgotten! I have just been soaking in all the house and Hayden I can get while house sitting for Amy and Eric (they are in Hawaii). It's been a week of PROGRESS, which is very positive and exciting. I finally got my car so my freedom level has skyrocketed! Although with not much of a schedule that freedom includes checking out the thrifty spots and getting acquainted with the roads of Phoenix. I thought it would a great idea to introduce my car to Scottsdale with a smackdown... I slightly hit a car (my fault, but honest mistake). All is well.. the lady hasn't contacted me, nor my insurance company and by the time we got out of the 115 degree weather the little scuff was the least of her worries. Will is in Albuquerque through tomorrow and is fashioning the latest styles of my grandfather. His luggage failed to arrive with the plane so he had to make a midnight trip to Wal-Mart and put together a dress outfit for his day at the clinics. Between the tassels and pleats that he's told me about I'm excited to see what Wal-Marts finest has to offer when he gets home. It is ALWAYS lonely when Will has to travel for work but this time I actually had at least ONE thing to look forward to... MORE BED SPACE. Hayden (black lab), Will, and I, have all insisted that Hayden sleep with us in the queen bed while we are here and we love it. However...the space has gotten tighter by the night. So, with Will gone for a night or two I was looking forward to not waking up with an armpit or paw in my face. Turns out Hayden had been looking forward to the additional space too because he sprawled out on the entire bottom half of the bed while I was still cozy-ed in fetal position. Needless to say, there are now NO pros to Will being gone and we can't wait to pick him up from the airport tomorrow. :) Sizzle! Sizzle! I'm a Sun Devil! I'm officially a sun devil and had my group advising meeting today. Being on campus felt GREAT (my sweat glands would say otherwise). It felt fantastic to be on a campus again and know that things are progressing. In a matter of days I will have a schedule to my days and things to get done that have purpose. I think it will be very fun going to class with palm trees... although I told my Dad that I have to decide if I like going to class when it is 15 below zero or 115 better. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors