Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mountain Getaway

There are a couple perks to being a teacher and one of the giant perks is the breaks.  The breaks are so necessary. So. Necessary.  While I wish every profession had these breaks because of the mending and healing it does for our health our world would be a mess.  I'm so glad to have a few days here and there as I do need breaks from hearing "Mrs. Cousin" repeated...45 times in a row... from 17 children...all at one time...:).  A couple weeks ago Will and I came to the conclusion that we needed a getaway.  Really, Winter getaways take on a new meaning when you live in Florida.  Normally people want to take beach vacations to find relief from cabin fever in February but we needed a change of scenery and pace so we chose the beautiful scenery of the mountains in Denver.  We had a great time simply relaxing. We both left our computers at home and I saw my husband RELAX. :) We spent our days reading, EATING (constantly), shopping, sipping tea and hot-totties, and exploring the downtown and mountains of Denver.  We both agreed that Denver was a taste of Minneapolis and I felt a little more at home surrounded by Subarus and Northface rather than Ferrari's and Gucci.  It's amazing how US cities have their own little culture and fun to explore each one.  










Valentine's dinner . 
Yeah, I did squeeze in an afternoon at the beach with the girls :).  From the ocean to the mountains- what a beautiful world God gave us to look at. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors