Sunday, July 21, 2013

This One's a Thriller

There has been little to no excitement going on at the Cousin household which is a good thing.  We are enjoying summer, hanging with friends, working, and still exploring city life.  I have been taking advantage of all my free time by dabbling in apartment improvement, blogging through Wordpress (more to come on this), preparing for a classroom, reading, and of course, crafting. 

There were a couple days this week when I thought our porch needed a little TLC and "cutsey-ing up". Plus, we just needed some plants in the place. I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to plants and the lower the maintenance, the better.  So buying a Hibiscus shows how much I know about this subject since our deck doesn't get much sun and apparently a Hibiscus needs a lot of it.  The 2nd plant I picked due to its cute name (which now I can't remember), and it turns out it too, needs a lot of sun.  So, between the furniture set up we have going on for Bentley so he can see outside, the random places we have strategically placed the plants to get a little sun, and the avocado tree projects Will has going on in old sauce jars, the goal of it looking more welcoming out there kind of failed. Oh well! At least we are a family who doesn't mind a little accommodation and flexibility.

Besides the excitement of sticking some plants in a pot :), we have been helping a couple friends in their moving process and lucky for us, they didn't want their Keurig making the move with them.  A Keurig is a grown girl's kitchen toy and I will be enjoying the fun flavors that K-cups bring.  It got even better when I found Caribou K-cups at Kohls.  A little Minnesota in a cup is welcome any day. 

More thoughts/events of this week:
- Do not put black acrylic paint all over your dog's paw without a shower near by. (See craft below).
-We added to our living room furniture with a chair from Home Goods.  Yes, I'm shocked it fit too and I'm waiting for a day when my nails rip a hole in it, as a doubt Home Goods sells real leather or high quality "pleather", if there even is such a thing. (We got what we paid for though, so no problem).
-Dish soap is not a replacement for dishwasher detergent. See below.
-Audiobooks are the new best thing for me, as they have encouraged brisk morning walks and I can download them from the library onto my iPhone.  I think I'm a little behind in this discovery.
-After a trip to Barnes and Noble, Will has been working with his new "cardtrick kit" in his free time and "pick a card" has been an overused phrase in our house.  I may not miss this hobby when he moves onto his next one.

Free of any thrilling updates, I leave you with our plant problems and the joy of K-cups.  Next week I am off to Minnesota to enjoy a whole week at the cabin with my family and considering there are 2 silly, busy little boys (and a couple big ones too) that are going to be there- my writing may hold more of your interest next week.

Random Photos:














1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Bentley paw print is hysterical and also adorable. You should make an Eleanor one.

Blog Archive

Contributors