Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First impressions

Within the first few days of settling in to the south I have formed some first impressions, as common with any initial meetings. Of course some of my judgements may end up to be completely false much like assuming personalities based on shoe wear. We will see.

1. These people love their waffles and country fried steak. I should have kept a talley on how many Waffle Houses and Cracker Barrels we passed. I'm on board with Cracker Barrel but I will complete my time in FL without embracing Waffle House. I've been warned.

2. It was a beautiful drive but I'm glad FL was our destination.

3. One of the first purchases was a drying rack. I put it on the deck to speed up the drying process. 24 hours later the clothes were still wet. Welcome to humidity.

4. Speaking of humidity, I have not been completely dry for 4 days now and counting:). But, I haven't been freezing either, so it's a trade off.

5. In a world where everyone is a tourist or seasonal resident, I hope I can make some permanent friends.

6. The ocean is therapy. No wonder the sound is a part of every musical sleep aid.

7. A couple miles from our apt. there is a Marshall's, TJmaxx, Home Goods, and Target in one building. Enough said.

8. We have been out to eat more in the last week than 2 years. There are just so many delicious options. This could become a problem.

9. I went out on a short venture alone (my car is not here yet, so I'm usually just riding along with Will to wherever). A man got mad because I was being nice and let him in my lane. I was appalled. I think he was just confused at the niceness. I am hoping this attitude doesn't speak for the lot of FL.

10. We traded in the deer and cows for lizards and parrots.

Apart from minor and normal moving frustrations- so far, so good!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors