Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Floridians

Will and I have a new adventure ahead of us after Christmas as we pack our bags...I mean, boxes and boxes, and move ourselves down South to Fort Lauderdale, FL.  We have been so blessed this year as I graduated, secured my first job, grew miles and miles as a teacher, and Will's company developed.  We have been presented with an investment opportunity that was a result of my husband's hard work and despite the hardships that come with moving, I have not forgotten to be very, very proud of him.

While we initially planned that I would stay to finish the year at school, administration as been so kind to support me in joining Will on this venture.  I am thrilled that we can make the move together.  However, it is going to be a little harder than I thought to leave the kids!  This venture is best defined as bittersweet.  I'm leaving my first little classroom and a great district, but this is is something that will bring Will and I security, relief, and further opportunities.

I continue to remind myself that our families are only a plane ride away and both our parents are getting more and more tech savvy.  Between Skype, phone calls, and planes, I'm hoping we won't miss out on too much.  While our close relationships make it harder to leave, it's also comforting to know our close knit families can't be compromised by a few more miles.  Did I mention it's not a forever thing? :)

Stay tuned as we bring our "Iowa Nice" to the Floridians!





No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors