Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Final Swing

We have all done things and then followed them with the thought, "Why would I do that?"  This often doesn't pertain to engaging in a good game of golf.  Although last summer I participated in this golfing extravaganza with my sister-in-law and co-workers, I must have blocked out a few details, such as #1. It takes 7 hours to golf 18 holes.  #2. I'm absolutely terrible.  #3.  July is hotter than Hades.
The girls must have blocked out number 2 as well, as they so kindly invited me for year 2 of the festivities.  The theme for the outing was "Final Swing Before the Ring" in honor of one of the teammates bridal shower.  I have chosen to further the theme to "Final Swing Before the End of my Lifetime" in honor of my announcement that I have indefinitely returned my borrowed golf sticks...er...clubs to my mother-in-law.  Let me be clear, the girls were such a fun and gracious bunch. There simply comes a point where your athletic inability is no longer funny it's just pitiful- specifically at hole number 3...out of 18.   Please note, while I may sound discouraged and harsh about my golfing disability, I, in no way feel that way.  I am very pleased to announce my final swing, as my interest is just as lacking as my golf swing.  I would be more than happy to be in charge of making festive crafts for the event next year.  







No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors