Monday, May 16, 2011

A Girl's Tale

My family developed bizarre sleeping arrangements when my brother begged to be moved to the basement bedroom but was too scared to actually sleep down there.  In addition, with my brother's move to the basement, this freed up a bedroom for me so my sister and I didn't have to share a room.  However, with years of Jenny and I having the comfort of a sleeping sister arms link away, the move to the room next door was not so appetizing.  So, although it made no sense, my parents spent the next several years tucking my sister and I into her double bed and my brother into my bed.  Although I learned much about the drama of the life of a teenage girl through whispering face to face with my sister, one very small lesson has always stood out in my mind.  The lesson? The luxury of newly shaved legs and clean sheets.  My sister made it clear that this was a girl's treat.  Small and silly as it may seem, it is one of the joys of a girls life.  Your day may seem complex and crazy but it just seems so simple when shaved legs and clean sheets bring you a smile at the end of it all.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors