Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chaos Redefined

Chaos
[key-os]
-noun:

A Christmas weekend consisting of the Cousin family.  This includes: 5 dogs, 1 demanding toddler, 1 teething baby, 14 family members, numerous come-and-going family friends and extended family, personalities that cover an entire psych. book, a tiny kitchen, too much food in the tiny kitchen, many, many presents, suture removal, a russian model, competitive games of spoons, pickled herring, 2 feet crab legs (for dinner), six boys putting together a turkey fryer, snow, and a house filled to the beams and brims of love, thankfulness, and generosity. 


My parents always told me that when I marry a boy I marry into his family and I have never been anything but proud and thankful for acquiring the Cousin name! I have been welcomed and loved with the openest of arms and holidays always remind me how God has blessed and spoiled me with not only one amazing family but TWO!

June often thinks she is Mimi's mama and manages everything little Mimi does. :)

 Presents!
 Mimi's turn to open.

 Our Russian guest! Mo made sure to deck her out in Iowa gear:)
 June loved the shopping cart from Uncle Will and Auntie Mae.  Notice she isn't even half-way done opening.
 The sweet little Squires family.  Mimi made sure to promptly put her new slippers on.
 Jules and Zach
 Putting together the new turkey fryer from Joe and Suz.  Will has to be a part of everything :)
 Will thought he was more qualified to take out Suzy's sutures than the family nurse...again...he has to be a part of everything :)
 Merry Christmas Tyson! Joe and his best friend.
 Card games. What card am I?
 Some of the kids.
Hubby lovin' and I
Isn't he handsome?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors