Friday, November 12, 2010

kids kids kids

I am getting a small taste of my future with half of my classes being spent with  4th graders and taking care of toddlers at work.  I have to say, I love every minute of it and I am so relieved I picked the right career choice for myself.  The tots at daycare have began running to me for hugs and reaching to me for comfort.  Although I am far from the care and love their mama's can provide them, I feel content knowing they are still being cared for and snuggled by me.

While at work yesterday, I received a frantic call and text from Will who was watching June.  By the time I had a chance to call him back he was attempting to turn a bath towel into pants for our little niece.  She had an accident and could not find extra clothes but luckily I had an idea of where extra clothes could be.  When I got home June was eating McDonald's chicken product, going commando underneath pajama bottoms with a fancy top, but was still loving every minute with Uncle Billy.

After Will's SHORT watch over June he now cannot understand why I would want to work in a daycare.  "No Rules" and "Softy" Uncle Billy was now threatening to send June straight to bed if she didn't eat her chicken nuggets.  I decided then that I needed to take control and Uncle Billy was exhausted.  When your concerned about a child not eating McDonald's mystery meat, I think your shift has ended.  I don't blame him since June has now discovered stalling and difference of opinion.  Oddly enough, Will may just be better with the sleeping and pooping of infants.

While Will has discovered the personality of a toddler, I have been discovering the ways of 4th grade.  It is apparent that I will not be teaching above the 2nd grade.  However, I love the experience I'm getting with two different age groups right now

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors