Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More Perks

Apart from the giant things pulling us back to Iowa- let's not forget the small pleasures that I didn't realize I would miss.  Here's a list of the things we didn't realize we were taking for granted and I can't wait for-

1.  Northface.  I can't WAIT to snuggle into my giant Northface puffer coat when it's below 0.
2. Thunderstorms.  I love them and I can't wait to snuggle up with a movie during a real good one.
3.  Fareway.  Fareway has the best meat in the world.  I go to about 3 different grocery stores just to get meat half as good as Fareway.
4. Fireplaces.  Arizona people are such posers.  We have a fireplace in our apt and I felt like such a loser using it in the "winter" when it's 60 outside.
5. Hoodys.  I think I fell in love with Will a little bit more the other day when he put a hoody on.  He looked so adorable and looked the part of my sweet-small-town-midwestern little hubby again.
6. Younkers and Von Maur.  I'm over being surrounded by Gucci and Barney's. I want normalcy again where "fancy" goes as far as Von Maur and we shop at a place that is named after the noise your nose-blow makes (Younkers).
7. Snow.  Please remind me I said this when January comes.
8. Runs. I have never been a runner but the fact that I simply can't go outside and take a light jog makes me irritated.  The only runners around here have to be die-hard and wake up at 3 to beat the sun.
9.  Kayaks.  I do love those Kayaks.
10. Dryness.  Isn't it ironic that in such a dry place, we are always wet?  If you are not sweating like a fat man eating chilies, you are slowly becoming wet by the misters attempting to counteract the heat.
11. Big Dogs!!! No more sillies walking around the mall with their rat dogs in their purses and carts! Bring on the labs hangin' out in truck beds.
12.  My bubbly baby.  Will is so much more happy/bubbly/excited/creative etc. in Iowa.  He's not a city boy and that's another thing I love about him. I want us where we belong and although when it comes down to it, we simply belong together...we also belong at home.  Ok, so this may be a little more of a giant reason.
13. Boots.  My co-workers just look silly, the poor things.  It's just not right to wear boots in August, let alone down here.  It will be very fun to wear boots for the appropriate weather and be surrounded by people who do the same.
12. Family Video.  I payed TEN dollars to rent Will a video game yesterday at Blockbuster.  How outrageous.
13. Yen Ching.  Working somewhere usually turns you off of the food but man, chinese doesn't get better than Yen Ching.  BBQ pork fried rice. mmmmmm
14. 3 words. MALL OF AMERICA.
15. Grass that doesn't have to be transported in and layed down by Jose.

I leave in 24 hours and Aiden told me I could "use his drawers up-tairs" when I spend the night.  Then it's to the best place on earth.  Woo! :) All that is left is to get Will up with me next week.  Things are really falling back into place and we are both very happy :)!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors