Thursday, July 1, 2010

You know you're married when....

Will and I have been married for about a year and half now and I continue to stop and think...what a married thing to be doing.  Confession: I LOVE IT!  Sitcoms and movies can pick on the married lifestyle however much they want but when it comes down to it...happy couples love the comfort and routines of their marriage. 
A year and half in, Will and I have established the comfort level and connection that I always dreamed of. 
I no longer put on mascara and lip gloss after my bedtime shower (girls, you know you've done it).  And Will sits through my "no picking your nose in the car" lecture without shame (or stopping). 
Last night I had the "we are sooo married" feeling and had to laugh to myself. 
Bedtime went like this:

So my favorite time of the day is when I'm watching the Today Show at 7 while Will gets ready for work and he comes out smelling of aftershave, cologne, hair gel, clean, and simply WONDERFUL!  I had a thought that he would probably like it if I smelled that delicious and clean.  I always forget to put on perfume in the morning and it's usually worn off anyway by the time he gets home. So last night while Will took a break from our reality show (America's Got Talent) to get a snack I thought it would be great if I really lathered up with the new yummy lotion I got at the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual sale  (cucumber and lily water..mmm!).  So, I'm sitting there smelling of radiance when Will comes back and has this reaction:

OH GROSSSSSSS! DO YOU SMELL THAT? WHAT IS THAT SMELL? IT SMELLS LIKE AN OLD LADIES HOUSE OR SOMEHING! EHHH!

Me: oops. dang it.

So after explaining and taking notice of the fresh bowl of blueberries he brought in I began to dig into the fruit.  But gross..I have so much lotion on my hands that the blueberries taste like lotion and soap.  But I HATE getting out of bed once I'm snuggled in and have found the perfect spot so I plead with Will to feed me the berries.  Will does not want to do this so for the next ten minutes I'm pleading, "just one more bite" unless America's Got Talent steals my attention. 

The evening ended with us both falling asleep by ten, with tummy's full of berries and the room smelling of grandma's house.
Sooo married :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oddly enough, one of the stories on the Today Show this morning was about a man who had to get his face removed because of a rare cancer.  During the interview, when the wife was asked if she ever wanted to leave she said..."It was hard but he's mine. I have got the papers to prove it!"  For some reason I loved that.  In 70 years Will may be feeding me blueberries for entirely different reasons but  we both know we will be there for each other...it's written.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors