Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Visiting Rights 2

Will and I attracted some more friendly faces down to the desert.  Pia and Mark (her main squeeze) came to visit and we had them for five whole days!! Pia is my best friend and although distance has separated us for three years now- nothing has changed.  We still giggle too much, tell each other too much, and talk about our feelings too much (Will pointed this out). Our only complaints to each other have been our phone calls have cut down to once a week because of her first full time job :), Mile's bad affect on allergies, and the fact that I won't give her back our favorite t-shirt (which technically belongs to her).  Mark earned a couple brownie points by putting the ca-bosh on her "mission: get T-shirt back" part of her trip.  Their trip was complete with the main ingredients:  a campus tour, board games, the pool, lots of A/C, an Arizona margarita, sand, and SWEAT.  Don't say I didn't warn them.

Pia would have been more than good enough for me but to put some icing on the cake we made the short trip to San Diego for a day to see our old friends, Claire and Beth.  All four of us haven't been together forever so it was re-freshing to see some friendly faces and re-connect. After some authentic Mexican food we went to the piano lounge "Shout House".  The piano players are absolutely amazing and anything you want them to play they pound out without hesitation.  Of course, to get your requests played a small (OK, big) fee helps and unfortunately, the one dollar bill Pia folded into a flower didn't quite cut it. 

Icing on the cake would have been MORE than good enough but to add a little strawberry sauce on top,  I got to see where Will goes every month! We stayed in the mysterious place where Will calls home (just kidding) and I love that I get to put a picture with where he is when he's not with me.  Results: I'm not feeling to bad for him :) The place was beautiful and there was lots to do. However, I did begin to feel sad when he introduced me to half the staff like they were his friends.  I don't like my husband being on a first name basis with a hotel :(.

I've never been to the other side of the US so I got to touch the cold Pacific for the first time. We weren't prepared enough for the beach because the way everyone talked it felt like the Artic.  PSH-Turns out it was busy with bikini bodies and surfers and I would have joined in a second.  Next time! Will and I aren't city people so by the time it came to relaxing on the beach we weren't exactly relaxed anyway.

All in all - I love Pia, she has a good guy on her arm, and I can't wait to see her again. 


The Ladies.Note: The first day Will dared Mark to swim across the entire pool without coming up and he lost his contacts. So he was stuck with his glasses all week :) Oh, Will. Claire and her boyfriend, Andrew. The married folk :)The piano players were playing "Eye of the Tiger" and I was taking too many pictures. So the boys got creative. Best Buds. Beach feet- Will in I in the ocean. Love Birds.
                                                                           The boys takin' it in.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors