Thursday, March 4, 2010

1 year...and a couple weeks :)

This is long overdue but I must assure you, we did NOT overlook our one year anniversary! Will and I have officially been married for a whole year and there have been few tears, many giggles, and many, many kisses. Although as I get older I am beginning to crap out on celebrating minor holidays a little bit, Will and I vowed long ago that when we were married EVERY anniversary would be our biggest celebration and never would it be a causual occasion. Although it's been a breeze this year, we understand that some years down the road won't be easy and celebrating our committment to each other should always be valued and a priority.
I put a small damper on the day by procrasting a eight page research critique that was due the night of our anniversary. However, I got it done(and recieved a perfect, go me), and we then began the festivities. I have been saving a T-shirt I found to wear for the occasion (photo below) so I would have the perfect attire for each part of the day:). We read our vows to each other and then ate (tasted) our cake from one year ago. Note to cake lovers: it's better a year later, honest! Either that or my dress was so tight a year ago that I couldn't taste it. Hmm... OR could it be that the DJ had me running around so much that I never had any cake? Whatever the case, it was a good photo opportunity and we enjoyed re-living a gorgeous day. I also vowed a long time ago that on every anniversary I would put on my wedding dress. Since it's a million miles away, year one was missed but mark my words, anniversary two will have this in store. Could this be another motivation to move back? :)
For dinner we had our first fine dining experience. Scottsdale offers lots of options but we chose a place I had been eyeing for quite some time that our friend Eric happens to work at. Thankfully, Keitaro and Tori gifted me with the perfect cocktail dress and Will gussied himself up. We felt VERY fancy over the whole deal. We cozied ourself in The Mission which is a super, super old building (specifics have been forgotton) attached to an old church. It's all candle lit with antique chandliers and a himalayn salt rock wall. Eric spoiled us with a bottle of wine, appetizers, and taught us all the fancy etiquette. It's the kind of place where the guests analyze the cork and do some sniffing and swirling and all this crazy stuff, but I think most of it's for show. I had to remind my small town Iowan husband NOT to dig his fork in his shoe to itch his foot and the burbing habits acquired from my father were kept to a minimum.
In summary, it was very romantic and I think it's essentail to have at least one day a year dedicated to simply two people loving each other no matter what. Fine dining is the least we can do:)




No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors