Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ode to Miles

I'm typing as my sweet little kitty endures his second full day of recovery from his surgical procedure that will forever keep him from pursuing adolescence and manhood. I felt exceptionally selfish as I dropped my kitten off at the spay and neuter clinic so I could be assured that come spring, he will only have the desire to stay with his mama on the porch instead of running off to pursue the scent of a little betty. However, its comparable to the human relationship of mama and son... of course on a different level. While it's much more sweet natured than human/kitty... it's a similar concept. Do mama's not try to hold dear to their son's when the son begins to take notice of fluttering eyelashes, with their homemade breads, perfectly tucked sheets, and cash flow? I believe so. Therefore, I feel the procedure was justified and I'm glad I have at least 15 years before I may possibly need to learn how to make homemade bread. While I waited with sweaty palms to pick Miles up from the doc, I made a few stops to find what get-well soon presents I could find. Since kitten's are lactose-intolerant my favorite after surgery treat, milkshakes, were not much of an option. He hasn't taken any notice to his new tunnel and catnip but I'm hoping it's due to medication influence. I also do need to say, that while vets are not any fun- I was questioning which situation Miles would prefer as a women in an electric wheelchair with her cat in the front basket, the cat dressed in a cat parka (complete with fur hood), rode the halls of petsmart comparing fake mice. Hmm... Here's what Miles has been up to lately. I must note that those are not clean dishes in the dishwasher and we usually do not have Will's underwear on the bed. So- our dishes our clean when you come over (not cat infested) and our apt. IS clean. Home from the hospital and apparently very glad to be snuggling with blue elephant again.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm not cat lover but miles is pretty cute. :)

Blog Archive

Contributors