Sunday, September 27, 2009

Domesticated- A poem.

I now sort the laundry
it's not such a pain,
and I do like my whites
 free of pink stains

 The freezer is full of veggies and fries
but the leftover bags are still closed with hair ties

 I'm trying to read up on natural food facts
I don't want to moniter Will's weekly Big Mac
 Hotdogs and sliders are listed with fish
Will, you can eat 'um
But you will clean the dish

 I now talk the talk of grocery store jargon
I've hit a new realm of finding the bargain
 I'm cleaning and cooking quite Stepford I feel,
but my love for my husband makes me quite real

 I've accustomed myself to household affairs
but I still remain true to my sweet unique flare.
 It takes time to become domesticated
I still think some things are way over rated.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love it! I love the poem, the apron, and the dress. Save that picture. In time you won't be cooking in heels, you'll be wearing sweats and you'll have a baby on your hip.

Blog Archive

Contributors