Friday, July 24, 2009

cloud nine : on time

It seems like Will and I's "I love you's" are promptly followed by an "I miss you"... This I certainly don't like but I feel like we are getting things a little more organized. We are finally both back in Phoenix, in the extended stay where we will stay through August. The space again proved to be cramped as Will woke up to me "chomping the loudest cereal I could find"... and I was across the room. Of course across the room means 3 steps away. However, with a little compromise and patience our tiny little love nest will strengthen our marriage through August. I was on cloud nine yesterday flying home (no pun intended). I had a great-grandmother sitting on one side of me with the cutest 6 month year old baby (besides Junebug and Aiden) and on my otherside was a teenage girl that was mentally challenged. I have no idea why I felt like I was in my element but I was mommin' the whole row. The teenage girl beside me was as white as a ghost and looked like she was ready to pee her pants. I sat down and after a few minutes she turned to me with wide eyes and said.. I'M SO NERVOUS! She was extremely scared of the taking off part of the flight and explained to me that during the three hour flight she refused to take off her seat belt. On my other side a great-grandmother was trying to manuever three bags and a baby into the seat next to me. Three minutes later I had a baby on my lap teaching him to honk noses, distributing gum for my needy row, and trying to relate horse back riding to flying to the nervous teen. (By the way I did decide that horse back riding and flying do have alot in common and was proud of my analogy) With no tears or vomiting my row got through the very smooth flight. Turns out the great grandmother was a very wise midwestern and we had a great talk and I learned all about the teen's dogs, hamsters, cats, and rats (animal lover). I wish them both the best and they were both sweethearts. I have not come to a conclusion on why I loved my plane/seating situation which I would think would be prone to irritation for most flyers. I have no plan to get into special ed and having a baby is far in the future. Back in Phoenix, I'm waiting for my car, my application status, and perhaps a job. It was such a great visit to my parents and I even got to see my best friend Pia. I decided I should never see her again because I miss her even more right after she leaves... but I know that won't happen.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

of course you were "mommin'" the whole row. I agree about not getting into special ed...as for a baby well...I suppose you should wait til you graduate.

Blog Archive

Contributors