Monday, November 24, 2008

Cantar!

My two friends, Pia and Mary and I were sitting around thinking fondly back to the days of N'Sync, the Backstreet boys and the early years of Brittany Spears. The instant we put our old mix tapes in, the lyrics came back to us instantly. Frusterated, Pia realizes she rememebers all the N'sync lyrics from eight years ago but nothing from her bio class last semester.. WHY! Well.. I don't know why.. but it got me thinking about the connection between song and education. I did some searching on the internet and I found this guy that comes into schools and teaches elementary school students moral lessons and even spanish lessons! His name is Justo Lamas and he mainly travels in Latin America but I have seen comments about him from teachers on langwitches.com. Obviously, not every school can afford having him visit their school nor does he have such time. So, I did some further investigating. On his website he has numerous links just for teachers that consists of his songs through audio podcasting, videos, his entire uplifting video series called Winners In Action, ringtones, online radio, concerts on video via internet, penpals, SO MUCH! This guy has got the whole package! He sings, gives uplifting speeches, teaches spanish, and has established a career via internet/other technology. Best of all he puts his focus towards helping schools, students, and teachers. (To the right is Justo Lamas w/students) Definitly check out his website.. here's the link- http://www.justolamas.com/index2.php

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors