Sunday, July 20, 2014

All aboard: A Bahama Daytrip

I have now marked the Bahamas off my "to go" list and we have dubbed the 1 day vacation as "a lesson learned".  I feel completely ridiculous complaining about a trip to the Bahamas (boo hoo, right?) but I think we just experienced it in a less than enjoyable way.  We booked the trip using Groupon so we got a great deal (depending on how you look at it) and it was a same day return trip so the day was long.  I won't go into the details because who wants to read whining words on their Sunday? But lets just say, we felt like part of a herd of cattle in slow motion the majority of the day and it was not what I expected. I figure you have to have disappointing travel experiences to have the stellar ones and this is the first one that we haven't been able to muster up much optimism.  HOWEVER! We conquered Grand Island in about an hour (although we had 5 hours) and we lived and learned.

The photos don't match my attitude and I could easily fool a crowd with them. Don't get me wrong, the ocean was beautiful! The scenery was the highlight, of course. Oh, and my Bahamian braid.




It's a 3 hour ferry ride over to Grand Island but by the time we waited to check-in, go through customs, board, wait to leave, dock, wait to get off, pass security, take a bus to Port Lucaya..it was at least 6 until we were set free. 



The sceneries WERE beautiful.
When in rome! I should have done the whole head.
Tropical drink in a coconut.....check!



No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors