Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day of School 2013!

If schooling 4 year olds are compared to herding cats, 3 year olds are like herding something like squirrels. The difference being they are a tad smaller, quicker, and don't seem to have a goal destination as they are wonder around in fast forward.  However, the day was everything a first day of school brings and there were no major surprises.  Chaos is expected, redirection for a constant 4 hours is expected, and 20 minute activities take 2 hours (which is also expected but I went in with high hopes...oops).  Time out has already been broken in and half of this weeks activities have been crossed out. :) It's going to be a good year though!  The little personalities are shining through already and the kiddos looked absolutely adorable in their little uniform plaid dresses and navy blue polos.  I have guesses as to who are our artists, athletes, and actresses. Although my voice is horse and my eyes are sagging a little, I'm excited to face those 17 sweet faces tomorrow and start lighting that little fire for a curiosity and joy for learning. Talk to me next Friday and I might not sound as enthusiastic and I'll be defending worksheet work.  Hopefully this won't be the case though. 

Pictures of my classroom will be posted in due time..I want it looking its finest and the kids need to add some wall decor.  

Correction** There was actually ONE surprise during my day. A trip to the office for a "special delivery" led me to a beautiful bouquet from Will. What a sweetie. I think he might have made an impression on the office ladies :).


1 comment:

Blog Archive

Contributors