Monday, July 8, 2013

Crafternoon #2

My craft for the last two afternoons has been a canvas painted with the lyrics from Will and I's wedding dance.  I'm not sure where I saw the idea, but I'm a sucker for nostalgic crafts so I gave it a go.  I think I may have made it more complicated than necessary and should have just gone with stencils. The letters would have turned out straighter, but instead I printed out the words, colored the back of the paper with chalk, laid the paper on the canvas, outlined the letters so when the paper was taken off there was a chalk outline on the canvas...and THEN finally painted the letters using the chalk outline.  (I know, sounds like more work than necessary when stencils would have done... and probably done better.  All part of a crafters learning process! I like to think the slightly crooked lettering makes it all the more endearing.

Will and I danced to "Good Enough" by the Benji Davis Project, so thats where the lyrics are from.  I'm not sure how long it will last on my wall, but it made for a relaxing afternoon at the office with Will and Bentley.


Family outing Sunday afternoon to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea:




 Saturday flea market find! Cute 5 dollar chair that I originally snagged to recover the seat in something fun and have it be my "teacher chair" at school, but we'll see.




No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors