Tuesday, January 29, 2013

We went somewhere without moving there! :)

Will and my vacation style has been a little unconventional as instead of visiting places, we just move to our destinations. So, for the short month we have been in FL we have been doing "normal" vacation things. We have been to 2 vacation places in the area and packed bags instead of boxes! We may have this figured out. This weekend we drove the hour and 45 minutes to the Key Largo area and experienced some differences in scenery and culture.

Will is definitely the adventurous type and has welcomed all this change with open arms and excitement, so his approach to the snorkeling we did this weekend was no surprise. He loved it and more of this kind of thing will be in his future. I approached the experience with every floatation device the crew had to offer strapped to me and arms length from the boat at all times. Once I relaxed it was pretty neat....until Will spotted 2 sharks and chose to tell me right when I was brave enough to venture out a little further. I could not get back to the boat fast enough and nothing is worse than having the urge to run as fast as you can but instead you are stuck with giant flippers that you don't know how to use, the fight against ocean waves, and YMCA swim lessons that you wish you would have tried a little harder at. The reassurance from the crew that they were the "nice" kind of sharks was no help and I called it quits. Maybe that was a ridiculous decision, but that's how much I value my limbs.















No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors