Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Cake

With Will's birthday coming up and no extravagant presents, I needed to make up for the lame gift of cologne he has already guessed.  What's left? The cake.  I am certainly not one for cooking and baking is not on my list of expertise either.  However, a girl's gotta start somewhere so I dove in.  Inspired by all the cake shows on TV, I thought I would go for the real deal... a chocolate cake shaped like Alkali Scientific's (Will's business) logo.  This required me to plan the cake shape and then make blue and green fondant as the overlay.  Go big or go home right?  Acknowledging I was a bit over my head, the cake part ended up being made from a box.  Let's not get to hasty.  The end result was certainly not perfect but considering it was my very first time with fondant and making a cake other than a circle...I think things turned out alright. 

Happy Birthday Hubby Lovin'! (Yes, he saw the cake early because this was the only day when I had a large chunk of time that this process requires.)



                        

1 comment:

Marme said...

Well, that's an amazing job! What a sweet thing to do for Will!

Blog Archive

Contributors