Saturday, March 5, 2011

My name is not Mae, it's Speedy Spike.

Each day I am with at least one age group of kids and I am slowly figuring out my favorite age to be with.  Just when I have my age preference picked, the other class I am in does something that melts my heart and makes me think I HAVE to be a part of this experience during my career.  As much as I was set on second grade a year ago, I continue to fall in love with the tots at work.  As of yesterday morning the 4-5 room has my heart.  This week they have been really into "secret names".  These were how the majority of our conversation went yesterday morning and it kept me completely entertained.

Noah (in my ear): I have a secret name and you can't tell ANYBODY.
Mae:  I promise, pinky promise.
Noah: Copy Cat, I'm a Villian but a nice one.
Mae: Can I have a secret name?
Noah:  You are Speedy Spike.  You can run real fast and you throw spikes.
Mae:  Only foam spikes and at trees though. :)

Although it was his SECRET name, he only responded to speedy spike the rest of the day by everyone.
----
Mae: Rya, will you play blocks with me?
Rya: My name is NOT Rya.
Mae: Oh, what is it?
Rya:  Strawberry Shortcake Rainbow Purple-icious.
Mae: Strawberry shortcake rainbow purple-icious, will you play blocks with me?
Rya: Yeah, I will.

Her identical twin sister chose the name Strawberry Shortcake Rainbow PINK-ilicious Grape.
Rya said she could not have grape in her name because people would try to eat her.  Mya dropped the grape.

Later Copy Cat told me he was going to Minnesota after school... "I tell ya, I love MN.... I tell ya."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors