Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nuisances

Since the duplex we are living in needed a little TLC when we moved in, there has been various maintenance men here fixing this and that.  I added to my "honey CALL list" when we discovered the heat upstairs didn't work.  The man came promptly but I've been noticing a trend...

Will works all day with lunch at noon.  However, he ALWAYS seems to be available when maintenance is coming over.  I came home yesterday afternoon after class to see Will following the heating man up and down the stairs describing every experience we have had with heat, offering his opinion about the problem, and simply just being a nuisance! My husband has this need to be a part of everything and I just have decided to laugh and feel for him a little.  The rare chance that maintenance shows up and I'm the only one here, I sit myself on the couch with a good show or book and let them do their thing.  My poor husband thinks everyone needs his help and expertise (?) and that must simply be exhausting.

If that wasn't enough for the heating man, Miles decided he needed to cement himself in the middle of the staircase so he can keep an eye on the man while he was upstairs and while he was downstairs.  So with Will following him up and down and tripping over a watchful cat, I think the heating man was glad he found a quick fix with the furnace. I don't know if this is a sign we need to have more company or if those two are just control freaks.  I feel good knowing that my position in this family is absolutely necessary and I'm glad I came home when I did so the heating man knew there was someone balancing these two boys out with some TV watching and distance.


On a side note, I saw this on The Today Show and I just think some toys are not supposed to be made "techy".  People just need to calm down about putting gadgets in EVERYTHING.
Creepy Barbie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors