Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Clearance Christmas

Will and I had many laughs while we put up our oh so sad looking christmas tree.  I'm pretty sure it was a clearance Christmas tree from Dollar General a few years ago and it loves to express every bit of where it come from.  You can see right through it along with every iron rod.  We don't have enough ornaments currently, so only the front of the tree gets ornaments.  There is no topper and the lights don't go all the way to the bottom of the tree.  We really thought about getting another one but it really suits us just fine right now.  My mother will soon give me my other ornaments and then Will can take the Christmas themed cat toys he found in Mile's toy box, off the tree.

I love decorating the house for Christmas with Will but it just doesn't seem as epic as it always seemed when we were younger.  Instead of an all day event it took about twenty minutes.  I currently don't have any Christmas music to put on, and we just haven't stocked up our Christmas decor box enough to spare any to make outfits for ourselves while dressing the house.  I have made a promise to myself and Will that as soon as we start a family we will have a tree high enough that he has to lift our youngest up to put the angel on top and that we will indeed HAVE an angel to put on top.  We have just dubbed our current tree our ghetto tree however, with the lights and the presents underneath it still brings such a cozy feeling to our loveplex.

Miles did add a little something to the event and was well involved.  After he checked out the sheep in the stable and the branches, he found a comfy spot in the decor box.  His interest in the lighted-up nativity scene did remind me of the glow-in-the dark manger scene that Jenny, Erik, and I each got to put on our nightstands growing up.  I'm now on the look out to stock up my future family.

The boys at work.

Miles so interested in Baby Jesus
It's still so festive!
Will's attempt to gather more ornaments. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors