Saturday, September 5, 2009

Birds of a feather flock together

a chocolate lover's nibble of the brick you find only in France... a dollop of honey you can only sneak from the bees... a man's morsel of sausage someone prepared with a science... a lady's fine lace that only comes as a scrap... This was our morning. A bit dramatic, but oh what a tease! While my family is at our MN cabin and Bob is in Iowa City for the big game...Will and I got a small taste of our roots at an Iowa bar in AZ. Today was the season kick off (Iowa vs. UNI) and our hawkeyes proved they were a feather that flock together. The sandbar was packed with black, gold, and midwestern cheer. It was very warming to be around such a crowd and exchange news of our hometowns. I have to admit... although I am in the know of the hawkeyes crack-of-dawn tailgating ways, I thought we would be loner's there, however, it was full. I am still extremely suprised of this Iowa sector Arizona has but hey, what's not to love? Needless to say, we had a good time and are now part of the Phoenix Iowa Club. Will and I came home from a rainy, wet morning and were thankful we had a roof over our heads... but apparently not our bed. Yes, our roof has a major leak and our bed is soaked. We are waiting on maintence but seeing as it's a holiday weekend our wait may be lengthy. However, Will and I do love a good living room fort and this may just be our AZ fort debut night... I'll get the clothes-pins:) Enjoy labor day weekend and don't be spending it tackling the honey-do list. It's the day for, (as my dad would say), relaxation, recooperation, and reflection. I tried to get a picture of the crowd but this picture doesn't do it justice. Will and Eric with a couple Iowans (eric's friend flew in) Iowa winning...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors